Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Takedown Wins...

HENRY K. PRIEST , CO-PRODUCER

Takedown Wins...

Independent filmmakers have it tough... from finding that script to
seeing the project to fruition... It's a roller coaster of a ride all
the way through. Of course we believe it will get done, that's who we
are.. believers... But it's great when others see the potential in your
work. That's when you see that all your efforts are not in vein. I'm
feeling proud of my team and grateful for the community of filmmakers
willing to share in our journey. From East Los Angeles to New York...
This is awesome.

About this trip to Tribeca... It's special in many ways. Aside from all
the great things stirring, I have a special feeling about this trip.
Back in 2003 I had a film titled UnderDOG screen here... Unfortunately
at the time I didn't have the time or money to make the trek over and I
missed the opportunity to attend the screening. But it turned out great
for me anyway because a producer from Sony was at the screening. After
viewing the film she wrote my name down. Upon her return to Los Angeles
she called me in for a meeting regarding a film soon to be released
titled Mr. Woodcock starring Billy Bob Thorton and Sean Michael Scott.
That goes to show that these film festivals really do represent you to
the community of filmmakers looking for talent.... Although I missed
the screening I was still able to make a connection because of it. This
trip looks to be something that I will always remember. I'm excited
about things to come and believe that we have a strong project to
present. This time I will be present to represent myself.. and taking
every opportunity to stir things up.

A bit about me... Some people know me as Coach Priest, the go-to-guy for
projects that involve high school or college wrestling. You may have
seen some of my films such as UnderDOG, commercials for Nike, Adidas
and such... I have been the advocate to create a feature film about
this great sport. No, not the entertainment stuff with flying chairs
and costumes.. the stuff that you don't see on TV but in high school
and college gyms across the country. The wrestling community in the US
is over 20 million strong but they are under represented in the
media... It has been my goal to represent that community and do our
sport some justice by creating projects that showcase the character of
the worlds oldest sport... It's about time.

Some thanks... to my family and friends... to the National High School
Coaches Association, USA Wrestling (The US Olympic Wrestling Team) and
to the wrestling community at the edge of their seat...

So here I am with an awesome project ready to score a win with a
wrestling film. 10 seconds on the clock... Takedown wins....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home